Thanks to modern technology, Dr. Dwight Price and our team at Price Dental Associates in Houston, Texas, are pleased to employ dental radiography, also known as X-rays, to reveal what your oral health is up to. In fact, with their help, X-rays allow us to find and treat problems early on when they require the least invasive treatment options. Our diagnosis is aided by X-rays to determine the following:
- To check for decay between your pearly whites.
- To check for bone loss due to periodontal disease.
- To check for decay beneath your tooth fillings.
- To see if there is an infection at the tip of the tooth root near the bone.
- To see the full picture of your mouth before performing a dental treatment.
Intraoral X-rays include bite-wing, periapical, and occlusal X-rays. Bite-wing X-rays reveal the tooth from the crown to the level of the bone. Periapical X-rays show the entire tooth, from the crown to the end of the root area where your teeth sit in the jaw. Occlusal X-rays show the full tooth development and where it sits, so the entire arch of the teeth in the upper and lower jaw are visible.
As you can see, dental X-rays provide a valuable insight in helping us help you maintain your healthy smile. They also allow us to plan certain kinds of dental treatment. To schedule your next visit with our team please call 281-493-1550 today. From our family to yours, Dr. Dwight Price and all of us at Price Dental Associates in Houston, Texas wish you a healthy Thanksgiving holiday!