Your dentures may be artificial and removable, but you should still treat them with the same amount of care and affection as you would your natural smile. Dentures are extremely important in continuing the care required by your teeth in all manners of your life, including your speech and your eating habits. So don’t let your dentures fall into disrepair, and to help you prevent denture disasters we offer the following easy-to-do tips:
– Attend regular checkups with your dentist at Price Dental Associates.
– Be very careful when treating dentures as they can be slippery and easily damaged if dropped.
– Soak or store your dentures during the nighttime. Ask your dentist for the best storing methods.
– Before you insert your dentures or after you remove them, always be sure to clean your mouth safely and effectively.
– Wash your dentures daily, including soaking them in a denture solution or water. Brush your dentures daily with a nonabrasive cleaner that has been approved by your dentist.
– Always remove your dentures after eating to clean them and remove any food particles.
– Never use tools on your dentures such as abrasive toothpaste or teeth-whitening treatments, as they can easily damage or bleach the dentures.
To schedule your checkups with Dr. Dwight Price, please call us at 281-493-1550. Our office is conveniently located in Houston, Texas. If you have any further questions regarding dentures or any general questions about your oral health, contact us today!