Your mouth cannot clean itself, so it is up to you to make sure it stays clean. If you are suffering from some sort of oral ailment this Halloween, check for signs of dental abrasion. Dental abrasion often occurs due to a heightened sensitivity on your teeth. Here are some facts to remember:
– Try to eliminate brushing your teeth after you eat, as it can easily cause abrasion under teeth which are often at a heightened sensitivity to the acids in the food and drinks.
– Focus on using cleaning products that are safe and effective, including low abrasive fluoride, brushes with soft pretzels, and a brush with a comfortable and flexible brush head.
– Try to avoid or eliminate products that are known to have a high acidic content.
– If you know of any products that are overly acidic, only eat them during main meals and never as snacks.
– Alternative methods to clean your mouth out include water and chewing sugarless gum, which can help improve the rate of saliva flow in your mouth.
– For additional health care treatments for dental abrasion, visit your dentist for oral exams and routine checkups.
From all of your favorite cavity-fighting superheroes at Price Dental Associates, we wish you a safe and happy Halloween. If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Dwight Price, please call us at 281-493-1550, or stop by our office in Houston, Texas. Don’t go batty this Halloween. Be sure to brush behind your fangs.